Academics at Edgewood High School
Edgewood High School offers a college-preparatory program with both Advanced Placement and Honors courses as well as assistance for those struggling in particular subjects. Our curriculum includes required and elective courses in art, aviation, business, computers, English, French, history, Latin, mathematics, music, Spanish, public speaking/communications, physical education, religious studies, science, and social studies.
- There are numerous resources available to students who need assistance.
- Teachers are available to help students during regularly-scheduled open mods, as early at 7 a.m., and/or during lunch time.
- Librarians can help connect students to resources for research projects.
- English teachers help out in the writing lab, reviewing students’ papers prior to turning them in.
- Student Services counselors offer class and individual guidance on AP courses, driver education, employment, decision-making, and general support.
- About 25 percent of our students benefit from two programs that help with learning challenges. The Learning Resource Center provides professional
instruction and support in a small setting during school hours. The Academic Success Program is an enhanced study hall where volunteers provide support and help with organization, coursework, and test-taking skills.
- We match National Honor Society tutors with students in need of tutoring.