Last item for navigation

Tuition FAQs

Some commonly asked questions about tuition and financial aid are answered below. If you have additional questions, please contact the Admissions Office.

Are books and Chromebooks included in the tuition and standard fees?

Yes, we include books and Chromebooks in the tuition cost. We do not require families to purchase their own textbooks. School-owned Chromebooks are individually assigned and distributed on registration day. The school purchases, owns, and distributes all textbooks and workbooks (except dictionaries) to students on the first or second day of class. We assess a fee for lost books and Chromebooks.

Does Edgewood offer payment plans?

We offer payment plans that allow families to spread tuition costs over as many as 10 months. We accept payment via check, credit card, or automatic transfer.

What is the Edgewood tuition gap?

Currently, tuition and fees cover about 80% of the actual cost of educating a student. The remaining 20%  is the tuition “gap .”  We subsidize this gap (approximately $2,000 per student annually) through fundraising and donations, including those made by parents of current students.

How does Edgewood allocate financial assistance?

In addition to the Gap subsidy, Edgewood offers a financial assistance program to families who qualify for needs based assistance. Each year, Edgewood awards over $1,100,000 in grants, serving 40%-50% of the student body.  Financial assistance may be awarded up to a maximum of 55% of tuition and standard fees.

Edgewood uses the Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) program to process financial assistance requests and determine each family’s financial need. TADS uniformly collects the necessary information from each family, audits it and provides this information to Edgewood to be used as a tool for identifying and matching need-based assistance with our families.

The number of applicants each year also affects the number and amount of financial assistance grants awarded. Financial assistance is not automatically renewed each year. An application for assistance must be filed annually.

For additional information, visit the Tuition and Financial Assistance page.